Take care of your teeth with affordable Dental insurance for individuals and families.
Plans start at 15.50 per month
Plans start at 15.50 per month
Ameritas offers turn-key GemStar dental and vision insurance plans for employees and their families.
GemStar offers plan designs for both dental and vision that can be sold as a package
or standalone basis, allowing a group to find the plan that’s right for them.
Harmful bacteria in the mouth that are released into the bloodstream can complicate medical issues such as coronary heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Preventive dental visits can reduce bacteria and catch early signs of serious dental issues, which help maintain overall health and save money.
Ameritas individual dental insurance is an affordable way to maintain dental health when you are not eligible for benefits through an employer.
- Most plans cover preventive services, such as an annual dental exam and cleaning, at 100%.
- All plans include Dental Rewards®, which lets you increase the annual benefit maximum each year.
- You can visit any dentist, and will almost always pay less out-of-pocket when visiting an Ameritas Dental Network provider.
- Save on prescription medications at over 60,000 pharmacies across the nation including CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Walmart.
- Save up to 15% off eyewear frames and lenses purchased at any Walmart Vision Center nationwide.
- Preventive services include fluoride treatments for dependents under age 14, exams, cleanings, bitewing films and x-rays. Please see the plan details on each plan for the frequency of services covered each calendar year.
- Plan benefit is how much the Ameritas plan pays and member coinsurance is how much you pay. When you visit an Ameritas Dental Network provider, Ameritas sends payment directly to the dentist. You won’t pay the difference between the dentist’s contracted fee and his or her normal fee (subject to contractual limitations). When visiting an out-of-network dentist, you must pay the difference between what the plan pays and the dentist’s actual charge, and may have to submit the claim. Plan benefits are per calendar year.
- MAB: The My Dental Plan out-of-network allowance is a maximum allowable benefit (MAB). The MAB claim allowance is equal to the lowest contracted fee in your ZIP Code. Any difference between your plan allowance and the dentist’s charge will be an out-of-pocket expense for you. You can find out ahead of time if your dentist’s charge is within your plan allowance. Ask your dentist’s office to submit a pretreatment estimate so you can see exactly how the proposed service would be processed and avoid any surprises. MAB applies to services out-of-network on plans 1-3, and Type 1 services on plans 4-9.
- MAC: The My Dental Plan is a maximum allowable charge (MAC) plan. The MAC claim allowance is the maximum amount a network provider may charge an Ameritas dental plan member. As a member, if you select an Ameritas network provider, you receive access to discounted fees and are guaranteed your dental fee will be no greater than the MAC limits of your plan. MAC applies to services in-network on plans 1-3, and Type 1 services on plans 4-9.
- MCE: The My Dental Plan coverage for plans 4-9 is maximum covered expense (MCE), sometimes referred to as a “schedule plan.” Type 1 preventive procedures are covered at MAC in-network and MAB out-of-network, while Type 2 and 3 procedures are MCE and are paid based on a set fee or schedule. The schedule is a big list of covered procedures with a maximum dollar amount that Ameritas will pay for each procedure. This helps you know what Ameritas will pay and what your out-of-pocket expenses will be.
Get A Quote
Finding dental and vision insurance to meet your needs doesn’t have to be difficult. Let us help!!
Compare the dental plan coverage and evaluate the available dental plans based on your needs
Consider the following key areas during your evaluation:
- Procedures and services covered. Make sure that the category of service (preventive, basic, major) covers the care that you predict you or your family will need in the future. Consider the out-of-pocket cost for procedures that your family may need that are not covered when you compare it to a plan that covers the procedures.
- Costs. Premiums are a portion of the costs associated with dental insurance. If a plan has a deductible, that amount must be paid before Starmount pays any of the incurred fees. Preventive care services are available without having to meet a deductible. Preventive care is also a great way to reduce the likelihood of more expensive treatment in the future. Finally, if your expenses exceed the annual maximum, you will be responsible for the remaining amount.
- Waiting periods. While there is no waiting period for preventive or basic services, there is a waiting period for major services like root canals and oral surgery. (Waiting periods may vary by state.)
Get a quote
We pride ourselves on being highly accessible to our customers whether it’s via the Internet or by phone.
Start Saving Today!
Contact Us Today!