Take care of your teeth with affordable Dental insurance for individuals and families.
Plans start at 15.50 per month
Plans start at 15.50 per month
Choosing the right Humana Dental Plan
How to choose the right dental insurance
Humana offers a variety of dental plan options. When considering whether to choose a dental insurance or a dental discount plan, you’ll want to think about your needs and preferences.
With a dental insurance plan, you pay premiums, co-pays and/or deductibles, and the insurance pays the remainder directly to the dentist.
In a dental discount plan, you enjoy discounts for services at participating dentists. You simply pay the dentist directly for your services at a discounted price.
Tips for choosing a plan:
Estimate your future dental needs
Consider whether you or a family member will need major dental work or oral surgery. Or maybe you just want basic, preventive care like regular checkups and cleanings.
Find a plan your dentist accepts
If you have a particular dentist you’d like to continue seeing, check to see that she or he accepts the plan you are considering.
Visit our Dentist Finder
Consider your budget and how much you are comfortable paying
Decide whether you’d prefer to pay premiums and co-pays over time, or pay the full amounts to the dentist all at once.
Get A Quote
Finding dental and health insurance to meet your needs doesn’t have to be difficult. Let us help!!
Starmount Dental Plan
Choosing a Starmount Dental Plan
Identify your dental care needs.
Is it likely that you or a covered family member will…
- only require preventive services like exams and cleanings?
- require basic services like fillings or simple extractions?
- require major services like root canals, oral surgery, crowns, bridges or dentures?
Dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans
Dental PPO plans are the most popular type of plans today. With a Dental PPO plan, you will have access to a network of providers who have agreed to accept negotiated, discounted rates for their services. With a PPO, there is an annual maximum and a deductible that will need to be met. When you visit an in-network dentist or specialist, most plans cover your preventive services in full; however, depending on the specific plan you select, other services may be covered up to a certain percentage (coinsurance) of the network-negotiated discount rates.
The plan allows you to visit any dentist you choose and still receive coverage for services. If you visit an out-of-network dentist, benefits are paid based on the network-negotiated rate and you will be billed for any remaining amount up to the billed charge.
As an added bonus, all our Dental plans include a Hearing Savings Plan at no additional cost.
Fee Schedule Plans
Fee schedule plans pay for covered services based on a scheduled reimbursement amount per procedure. With a fee schedule plan, there is an annual maximum and a deductible that will need to be met.
The plan allows you to visit any dentist and receive coverage for services. You will be responsible for the cost difference between the dentist’s rate and the schedule amount. Typically you will have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when you use one of the dentists or specialists in our network. As an added bonus, all our dental plans include a Hearing Savings Plan at no additional cost.
Cleaning Only Plans
Cleaning Only plans pay a certain percentage of two annual exams and cleanings. With the Cleaning Only plan, there is an annual maximum, but no waiting periods or deductible. The plan allows you to visit any dentist you choose and still receive coverage for covered services. Typically you will have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when you use one of the dentists or specialist in our network.
As an added bonus, our Cleaning Only plan also includes a comprehensive, fully insured vision plan and a Hearing Savings Plan at no additional cost.
Compare the dental plan coverage and evaluate the available dental plans based on your needs
Consider the following key areas during your evaluation:
- Procedures and services covered. Make sure that the category of service (preventive, basic, major) covers the care that you predict you or your family will need in the future. Consider the out-of-pocket cost for procedures that your family may need that are not covered when you compare it to a plan that covers the procedures.
- Costs. Premiums are a portion of the costs associated with dental insurance. If a plan has a deductible, that amount must be paid before Starmount pays any of the incurred fees. Preventive care services are available without having to meet a deductible. Preventive care is also a great way to reduce the likelihood of more expensive treatment in the future. Finally, if your expenses exceed the annual maximum, you will be responsible for the remaining amount.
- Waiting periods. While there is no waiting period for preventive or basic services, there is a waiting period for major services like root canals and oral surgery. (Waiting periods may vary by state.)
Get a quote
We pride ourselves on being highly accessible to our customers whether it’s via the Internet or by phone.
Top 3 picks for Dental Insurance
Ameritas offers turn-key GemStar dental and vision insurance plans for employees and their families.
GemStar offers plan designs for both dental and vision that can be sold as a package
or standalone basis, allowing a group to find the plan that’s right for them.
Our GemStar Dental insurance product offers plan designs to meet just about every need. Highlights of the product include:
- Ability to issue plans down to 2 lives
- Freedom to use any dentist – optional network available for additional savings
- No waiting periods for most services
- And more!
PrimeStar dental insurance plans also offer
- Two dental exams and cleanings per year
- Up to $2,000 calendar year Maximum Benefit
- Ameritas dental network with over 400,000
access points nationwide
PrimeStar vision insurance plans also offer:
- One exam each year
- No waiting periods for immediate coverage
- VSP or EyeMed networks for the greatest savings
Get A Quote
Finding dental and vision insurance to meet your needs doesn’t have to be difficult. Let us help!!