Take care of your teeth with affordable Dental insurance for individuals and families.
Plans start at 15.50 per month
Plans start at 15.50 per month
Choosing the right Humana Dental Plan
How to choose the right dental insurance
Humana offers a variety of dental plan options. When considering whether to choose a dental insurance or a dental discount plan, you’ll want to think about your needs and preferences.
With a dental insurance plan, you pay premiums, co-pays and/or deductibles, and the insurance pays the remainder directly to the dentist.
In a dental discount plan, you enjoy discounts for services at participating dentists. You simply pay the dentist directly for your services at a discounted price.
Tips for choosing a plan:
Estimate your future dental needs
Consider whether you or a family member will need major dental work or oral surgery. Or maybe you just want basic, preventive care like regular checkups and cleanings.
Find a plan your dentist accepts
If you have a particular dentist you’d like to continue seeing, check to see that she or he accepts the plan you are considering.
Visit our Dentist Finder
Consider your budget and how much you are comfortable paying
Decide whether you’d prefer to pay premiums and co-pays over time, or pay the full amounts to the dentist all at once.
Get A Quote
Finding dental and health insurance to meet your needs doesn’t have to be difficult. Let us help!!
Starmount Dental Plan
Choosing a Starmount Dental Plan
Identify your dental care needs.
Is it likely that you or a covered family member will…
- only require preventive services like exams and cleanings?
- require basic services like fillings or simple extractions?
- require major services like root canals, oral surgery, crowns, bridges or dentures?
Dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plans
Dental PPO plans are the most popular type of plans today. With a Dental PPO plan, you will have access to a network of providers who have agreed to accept negotiated, discounted rates for their services. With a PPO, there is an annual maximum and a deductible that will need to be met. When you visit an in-network dentist or specialist, most plans cover your preventive services in full; however, depending on the specific plan you select, other services may be covered up to a certain percentage (coinsurance) of the network-negotiated discount rates.
The plan allows you to visit any dentist you choose and still receive coverage for services. If you visit an out-of-network dentist, benefits are paid based on the network-negotiated rate and you will be billed for any remaining amount up to the billed charge.
As an added bonus, all our Dental plans include a Hearing Savings Plan at no additional cost.
Fee Schedule Plans
Fee schedule plans pay for covered services based on a scheduled reimbursement amount per procedure. With a fee schedule plan, there is an annual maximum and a deductible that will need to be met.
The plan allows you to visit any dentist and receive coverage for services. You will be responsible for the cost difference between the dentist’s rate and the schedule amount. Typically you will have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when you use one of the dentists or specialists in our network. As an added bonus, all our dental plans include a Hearing Savings Plan at no additional cost.
Cleaning Only Plans
Cleaning Only plans pay a certain percentage of two annual exams and cleanings. With the Cleaning Only plan, there is an annual maximum, but no waiting periods or deductible. The plan allows you to visit any dentist you choose and still receive coverage for covered services. Typically you will have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when you use one of the dentists or specialist in our network.
As an added bonus, our Cleaning Only plan also includes a comprehensive, fully insured vision plan and a Hearing Savings Plan at no additional cost.
Compare the dental plan coverage and evaluate the available dental plans based on your needs
Consider the following key areas during your evaluation:
- Procedures and services covered. Make sure that the category of service (preventive, basic, major) covers the care that you predict you or your family will need in the future. Consider the out-of-pocket cost for procedures that your family may need that are not covered when you compare it to a plan that covers the procedures.
- Costs. Premiums are a portion of the costs associated with dental insurance. If a plan has a deductible, that amount must be paid before Starmount pays any of the incurred fees. Preventive care services are available without having to meet a deductible. Preventive care is also a great way to reduce the likelihood of more expensive treatment in the future. Finally, if your expenses exceed the annual maximum, you will be responsible for the remaining amount.
- Waiting periods. While there is no waiting period for preventive or basic services, there is a waiting period for major services like root canals and oral surgery. (Waiting periods may vary by state.)
Get a quote
We pride ourselves on being highly accessible to our customers whether it’s via the Internet or by phone.
Top 3 picks for Dental Insurance
Ameritas offers turn-key GemStar dental and vision insurance plans for employees and their families.
GemStar offers plan designs for both dental and vision that can be sold as a package
or standalone basis, allowing a group to find the plan that’s right for them.
Harmful bacteria in the mouth that are released into the bloodstream can complicate medical issues such as coronary heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. Preventive dental visits can reduce bacteria and catch early signs of serious dental issues, which help maintain overall health and save money.
Ameritas individual dental insurance is an affordable way to maintain dental health when you are not eligible for benefits through an employer.
- Most plans cover preventive services, such as an annual dental exam and cleaning, at 100%.
- All plans include Dental Rewards®, which lets you increase the annual benefit maximum each year.
- You can visit any dentist, and will almost always pay less out-of-pocket when visiting an Ameritas Dental Network provider.
- Save on prescription medications at over 60,000 pharmacies across the nation including CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid and Walmart.
- Save up to 15% off eyewear frames and lenses purchased at any Walmart Vision Center nationwide.
- Preventive services include fluoride treatments for dependents under age 14, exams, cleanings, bitewing films and x-rays. Please see the plan details on each plan for the frequency of services covered each calendar year.
- Plan benefit is how much the Ameritas plan pays and member coinsurance is how much you pay. When you visit an Ameritas Dental Network provider, Ameritas sends payment directly to the dentist. You won’t pay the difference between the dentist’s contracted fee and his or her normal fee (subject to contractual limitations). When visiting an out-of-network dentist, you must pay the difference between what the plan pays and the dentist’s actual charge, and may have to submit the claim. Plan benefits are per calendar year.
- MAB: The My Dental Plan out-of-network allowance is a maximum allowable benefit (MAB). The MAB claim allowance is equal to the lowest contracted fee in your ZIP Code. Any difference between your plan allowance and the dentist’s charge will be an out-of-pocket expense for you. You can find out ahead of time if your dentist’s charge is within your plan allowance. Ask your dentist’s office to submit a pretreatment estimate so you can see exactly how the proposed service would be processed and avoid any surprises. MAB applies to services out-of-network on plans 1-3, and Type 1 services on plans 4-9.
- MAC: The My Dental Plan is a maximum allowable charge (MAC) plan. The MAC claim allowance is the maximum amount a network provider may charge an Ameritas dental plan member. As a member, if you select an Ameritas network provider, you receive access to discounted fees and are guaranteed your dental fee will be no greater than the MAC limits of your plan. MAC applies to services in-network on plans 1-3, and Type 1 services on plans 4-9.
- MCE: The My Dental Plan coverage for plans 4-9 is maximum covered expense (MCE), sometimes referred to as a “schedule plan.” Type 1 preventive procedures are covered at MAC in-network and MAB out-of-network, while Type 2 and 3 procedures are MCE and are paid based on a set fee or schedule. The schedule is a big list of covered procedures with a maximum dollar amount that Ameritas will pay for each procedure. This helps you know what Ameritas will pay and what your out-of-pocket expenses will be.
Get A Quote
Finding dental and vision insurance to meet your needs doesn’t have to be difficult. Let us help!!
Start Saving Today!
Contact Us Today!